Friday, January 21, 2011

Viva Craftster!

Today I would like to take a moment to sing the praises of craftster.org.  My super cool and major talented sister Lanikins nagged me for quite a while to check it out, telling me how much fun it is to see people our age doing crafty stuff just like she and I have been doing every Friday night for the last couple of years.

This wonderful site and all the wonderful projects and people involved have been such an inspiration to me!  Everyone there is so friendly, talented, kind, encouraging and willing to share ideas, tutorials, and the like.  Organized craft swaps through Craftster have been one of the most fun things I've participated in since becoming a boring stay at home mommy ;)  Plus, I met my awesome friend Emma there, which I'm so thankful for!  (As a matter of fact, she's the one talked me into this whole bloggy-thingy!)

So I've been a little "swap happy" this month, despite telling myself I would back off the swaps a bit after all of my holiday crafting madness.  Two of them were supply swaps, which I keep telling myself will help me de-stash, even though we're really just trading a box of stuff for another box of stuff!  This week I received a fantastic box stuffed full of crochet pattern books, magazines and leaflets from the 70's and 80's...SCORE!!!  I've had so much fun flipping through them, flagging pages like crazy, and have even started two giggle-worthy "granny crafts" (stay tuned!)

Future postings will likely be pictures of finished projects done for Craftster swaps, as I really enjoy making things with someone's specific likes and tastes in mind and seems to be an added bonus when I like it so much I'm tempted to keep it for myself!  I'm currently working on some paper crafts that I'm really happy about, and will share soon (gotta wait for them to find their new homes first!)  AND since I've received all these wonderful craft books in swaps, Lanikins and I have some Friday fun times ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm who is this Emma? she sounds awesome!!! Can't wait to see these gigglicious Granny crafts, and I'm so jealous of your 70's craft brochures. I am addicted to picking them up at thrift stores, the cheesier the better!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...