Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tink

My youngest, Babygirl, is thoroughly obsessed with Tinkerbell.  I have no idea how many times she has watched "Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure"...she quotes it, sings the songs, and "turns red" when she gets mad just like Tink.  Fantastic to watch her hold her breath and puff out her cheeks, arms crossed, checking herself in the mirror to see if her face is turning red yet!  Needless to say, it was a very very Tinkerbell Christmas at our house, and I was determined to make her something to do with Tinkerbell.  After an attempt at an amigurumi version of the Fiesty Fairy that I wasn't happy with, I decided to go another direction.

I remembered how difficult it is to find dress up shoes that will fit a 2 1/2 year old and realized Babygirl needed slippers.   I found this great, easy to follow pattern through Ravelry http://goodknits.com/blog/toddler-slippers/ , only made a few changes on the last couple of rounds and added sparkly pom-poms and voila!  Tinkerbell slippers.


Today was the first day I was able to get her to try them on, because she is bugged by things that are "too big", which in her world usually just means she doesn't like them!  Its ok, they are a little loose, and maybe by the time her tiny feet have grown a bit she'll decide she likes them.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet, she's a lucky girl to have such a crafty Mama, she'll appreciate it soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! My daughter loves Tinkerbell and wants some Tink shoes. I just can't see paying nearly $10 for flimsy 'shoes'. I may have to make her a pair of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :)
    RaesMom-the slipper pattern was pretty well written and easy to follow. I machine washed and dried them prior to putting the pom-poms on to soften them up, since they were made with regular old Red Heart Super Saver!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...