A while back, I found this adorable fabric in a remnant bin, somewhere...maybe Hobby Lobby? It's like that with remnants, I never remember where they came from and I never have a real plan for what I'm going to do with them. I was excited to find some "boy" fabric though, as I've realized my stash is quite floral!
Long story short, I managed to get the stinkin lining in but somehow sewed it wonky, not allowing for the casing I was supposed to make for the drawstring. Oooops. I threw it. I picked it up, took it to my bedroom and threw it on the floor in the closet. It sat there a good two weeks.
I finished up my other birthday gifts for my little friend, and decided to pick up the wadded up "bag" and give it a look. I decided that all of that ripping and swearing would be wasted if I didn't do anything to the bag, so I made some little straps for it.
Hooray for forced ingenuity! Lanikins always says sometimes the best things come from "winging it" and in this case, I don't think it came out too bad!